Welcome to the 16th
New Zealand Vocational Education and Training
12 November 2020
Call for Abstracts
We are now calling for abstracts
We will accept papers on a wide range of skills, workplace, professional, and vocational education-related topics, including (but not limited to):
- specific topics in vocational, professional, and work-integrated education and training
- teaching and learning in vocational, professional, and work-integrated education and training.
- labour market analysis, skills matching, and skill utilisation.
- learner decision-making, vocational pathways, and career development.
- outcomes of vocational, professional, and work-integrated education and training amongst learners, workers, firms, industries, and society.
- use of relevant methodologies, tools, and data sources for research and practice.
- international approaches to and experiences of the above, including comparative work.
Preference will be given to presentations that demonstrate how research evidence has informed practice in vocational education and training.
In 2020, we are particularly interested in research and practices into:
- approaches to cross-sector collaboration
- digital skilling and e-learning (including responses to the COVID-19 crisis)
- advances in degree- or graduate-level apprenticeships
- diverse and inclusive workplaces
- learner voice and agency
- innovations meeting the needs of Māori and Pasifika learners in vocational education and training.
We welcome presentations on work in progress as well as completed research.
The deadline for receipt of abstracts is 14 August 2020. Abstracts will then be reviewed by the Abstract Evaluation Committee, which will notify submitters by the end of August.
If you have any questions about the Research Forum, or the abstract submission process please contact Beatrice Dias-Wanigasekera from Ako Aotearoa.
Registration for the NZ VET Research Forum will open in mid-August 2020.
Time remaining for submissions